Discover KitzSki: The world’s top ski area
The Kitzbühel ski area - the world's top ski area - is nestled between the Kitzbüheler Horn and the famous Hahnenkamm. 'Skiresort.de' - the world's biggest test portal for ski areas - presented Kitzbühel with its highest accolade to date in January 2013 and 2014: "Kitzbühel is the first and only ski area to have been awarded 4.8 stars, making it the top ski area in the world," according to the assessment of the jury.
Around 179 perfectly prepared kilometres of pistes of all difficulty ratings, action-packed snowparks, tobogganing tracks and numerous winter hiking paths make the Kitzbühel ski area a winter sports paradise in the Alps. 54ultra-modern cable cars provide the highest levels of comfort and offer fast and comfortable access to the skiing area, which extends over 7 municipalities and 2 states.
A high level of snow expertise and excellent piste quality are guaranteed thanks to the 820 snow making facilities. The favourable north-west orientation and extensive Alpine landscapes offer skiing pleasure on more than 150 operating days from November to the start of May.
KitzSki fans value in particular:
- Cable cars with the highest levels of comfort – incl. heated seats
- The extensive nature of the ski area with 170 km of perfectly groomed pistes to suit every taste from leisure carvers to sporty racing carvers
- Enjoy the entire length of the pistes on 15 valley descents!
- Bergbahn AG Kitzbühel – Austria’s largest cable car company
- The Kitzbühel ski area extends over 7 municipalities and 2 Federal States
- The world’s most difficult ski run: The ‘Streif’
- 120 years of skiing history
- Shopping, well-being and cuisine – a highlight in Kitzbühel
- Easy accessibility, long winters and a high level of guaranteed snow
Warm hospitality around the best ski area in the world
Kitzbühel - The Legend.
Kitzbühel, the legendary city of sport in the Alps. The legend of the Hahnenkamm, Kitzbühel's long-standing sporting tradition and pioneering services in Alpine winter sport and golfing have secured this sophisticated city its global reputation.
This story is continued here today between the international design boutiques and traditional Tyrolean restaurants and the legend is brought to life for guests in various areas: in the alleyways of the old town with its 700 year old history, on the fantastic ski pistes and in Kitzbühel's top hotel industry.
The Tyrolean lifestyle metropolis attracts celebrities and guests from all over the world and is both traditional and modern at the same time. Large-scale international events such as the world-famous Hahnenkamm race, the Snow Polo World Cup, 12 Gault Millau toques distributed between 8 gourmet restaurants, the highest density of luxury hotels in Tyrol and much more make Kitzbühel a truly top class holiday destination.
Kitzbühel has managed to both develop its charm and stay true to its roots like no other winter sports destination.
Kirchberg - Tyrolean charm:
Kirchberg is located at the heart of the Kitzbühel Alps and is just 6 km from Kitzbühel. The gently rolling mountains, charming Tyrolean hospitality, unique culinary treats and colourful nightlife leave no wish unfulfilled.
With its comprehensive range of cable cars and lifts and its wide selection of ski pistes to meet all requirements, the Kirchberg/Kitzbühel winter sports region guarantees unforgettable skiing pleasure. 3 comfortable lift facilities await in Kirchberg – the Fleckalmbahn, Maierlbahn and Pengelsteinbahn cable cars – and transport visitors up to the Kitzbühel-Kirchberg ski area and 5 ideally prepared valley descents. Winter action is guaranteed by day and night on the Gaisberg sports mountain with its ski piste, tobogganing track and ice climbing tower.
Kirchberg is also a hit away from the winter sport fun: The local gastronomy pampers guests with Tyrolean hospitality, culinary treats and social entertainment to suit every taste. Kirchberg also impresses in every season with its wide range of games, sports and leisure for every age group.
The hits of the region:
- Ski pass valid for the entire Kitzbühel/Kirchberg region•
- 50% discount on the ‘Aquarena’ Spa Centre with the ski pass
- Free ski bus use
- 99 km of pistes with perfect technical snow, 8 reservoir lakes
- Spectacular 3S-Bahn cable car and 10 person monocable gondola
- 56 ski huts and restaurants on the mountain offer culinary treats and a magical hut ambience
- Optimal transport connections with links to Innsbruck (95 km) Salzburg (80 km) and Munich (125 km)